WOULD YOU LIKE TO
• Develop your leadership skills and those of your key nonprofit board leaders?
• Hold more intentional and effective board and committee meetings?
• Think strategically about the best and most useful way to engage your board members?
• Improve the partnership between your nonprofit CEO and board of directors?
• Build a board that truly excels at governance?
The Partners in Leadership Institute is a yearlong, comprehensive leadership development program for nonprofit CEOs and board leaders designed to achieve these important outcomes. If selected, your organization will be invited to send the CEO and up to two board members (your NonProfit Leadership Team) to participate in a Cohort of approximately twenty participants representing up to 6-8 diverse nonprofits.
In this dynamic learning environment, participants build their leadership skills and develop a stronger partnership essential for nonprofit governance.
Participation in the Partners in Leadership Institute includes:
• A comprehensive organizational assessment to identify specific areas of focus for your Nonprofit Leadership Team;
• Individual assessment and goal-setting, including an Emotional Intelligence Leadership Assessment (EQ-i™) and personal consultation for each participant;
• Six customized planning sessions for your NonProfit Leadership Team with a consultant coach to create and implement goals and specific objectives;
• Four half-day sessions with the full Cohort of participants to discuss emerging leadership, governance, and organizational development best practices, including:
1. Session I: Effective Leadership & Organizations
2. Session II: Effective Communication & Accountability
3. Session III: Effective Governance & Decision Making
4. Session IV: Effective Partnership & Sustainable Change
• One 1.5 hour Board service orientation for each participant of your Leadership Team (offered monthly)
• Customized service – Your choice of:
• One Two-hour customized board training for your organization, or
• Board Self-Assessment, or
• Registration in one of two half-day ENGAGE workshops on Board Building
• Follow-up evaluation to assess achievement of goals and outcomes
THE PARTNERS IN LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
Developed by Anne Maley Consulting and Alexander|Carrillo Consulting, is based on extensive personal and professional experience in the field, research on evidenced-based best practices, models of other national programs, and curriculum from BoardSource. The first Cohort was fully subscribed and included participants from Earn to Learn, Literacy Connects, Habitat for Humanity, Tucson Girls Chorus, Our Family Services and Pima Council on Aging.
To learn more,
About Anne Maley: www.annemaley.com
About Alexander | Carrillo Consulting: www.do-good-better.com
“I recommend Partners in Leadership to any organization seeking to develop its leadership, and to grow in its capacity to do its mission. The program empowered our board and management to implement needed changes to sustain and grow our ability to carry out our mission. Our participation, especially through the coaching sessions, helped our leadership to engage in productive conversations that led to vital change and growth.”
– JOHN KITIGAWA, BOARD CHAIR, HABITAT FOR HUMANITY TUCSON (COHORT 1)
“The Partners In Leadership Institute has been a very inspiring and a multi-dimensional learning process. The experience has provided much self-awareness for me as a leader and a partner with my board. It created a space for me to really listen to my board leadership and to have important conversations that we weren’t having before. I leave both my individual and group sessions inspired and with new thoughts that direct me to goals and realistic action items.”
– DR. MARCELA MOLINA, TUCSON GIRLS CHORUS (COHORT 1)